Saturday, April 11, 2015

Inviting you to the 2015 Hessler Street Fair Poetry Contest and Anthology

So you've probably heard by now, on Facebook, by word of mouth or over at Cleveland Poetics, that I've been enlisted to do this year's 2015 Hessler Street Fair Poetry Anthology. Or maybe you haven't.  This is a big deal to me.  The very first poetry reading I ever went to was at the Barking Spider during the 2008 Hessler Street Fair.  And I think I've been a contributor to four of the annual anthologies since then (when Joshua Gage was the editor).  But the Fair was founded in 1969, and has been a grand tradition since long before I came on the scene.

Anyway, I'm taking submissions from now until April 20th 2015 and so far I've received some phenomenal work.  If you want to be considered for inclusion in the book, or participate in the corresponding poetry contest, please send up to five poems, preferably in a Word document, to me at hesslerpoetry@crisischronicles.com.  I will respond by the end of this month.

If you are selected as a contributor, you will be invited to read your chosen poem Wednesday May 13th at Mac's Backs in Cleveland Heights. That evening, three readers will be selected to win modest cash prizes. Competing is not required for inclusion in the anthology, but you are welcome either way.  The three winners will be expected to read their poems at the Fair (broadcast live on WJCU) on Saturday May 16th.

More info: http://hesslerstreetfair.org


No comments:

Post a Comment