Saturday, July 14, 2018

Video of Last Night's Inspiration Showcase in Canton, Ohio

Many thanks to Writing Knights for hosting us on July 13th at The Local. The evening began with a reading by Akron poet Paul Mangus. My reading (begins around the 17:30 mark on the video) was next, followed by Writing Knights' first ever "sWord Fight" (between JM Romig and Jamie Laubacher). Skylark Bruce served as emcee and Azriel Johnson ran tech. The poems I read were:

"Suite Melissa"
"Sibyl"
"From Genesis to Exodus"
"Inner Expedition"
"Tell Them I Am Sent You"
"Odd Missive"
"Unfounded"

Watch it all here: https://www.facebook.com/writingknights/videos/2252418084783421/

All of these poems I read came from my recent NightBallet Press book, Loss and Foundering, except three: "Odd Missive" (new and unpublished), "Inner Expedition" (from Beat Attitude, NightBallet, 2015) and "Tell Them I Am Sent You" (from Electric Company, 2011, Writing Knights).

No comments:

Post a Comment