Saturday, January 7, 2023

Crisis Chronicles Press to Go on Hiatus in June 2023

 

I already mentioned this briefly in my New Year's Eve blog entry about resolutions. But for anyone who missed it, here's the news again, with more cowbell.

For myriad reasons, by June of 2023 (our 15th anniversary), I am placing Crisis Chronicles Press on an indefinite hiatus.

Before that time, I will complete our outstanding commitments. And after that time, I will keep most of our still-in-print books available. But I must resist taking on any new publishing commitments (no matter how tempting) for the time being.

I've been mulling this decision for quite some time, and still have mixed feelings about making the announcement public because I don't want to distract from or dampen enthusiasm for the fine books that we've recently published and that we have forthcoming in the next several months. (You're gonna love them).

But every day I receive more submissions and queries and I can't keep up. Nor can I leave matters up in the air and undecided forever. So the time has come.

I've had the privilege of working with many fantastic writers over the past fifteen years. Some of them have become dear friends. And I've learned one heck of a lot along the way. I've evolved as a poet, editor, publisher, and even human as a result. And my appreciation and gratitude for indie publishers of all stripes has only continued to grow.

I wish I could have published every excellent manuscript that's come my way. But Crisis Chronicles Press has always been pretty much a one-man show with limited time, energy and resources. And as much as I've loved it, there are a lot of other things I would like to do.

Perhaps at some future date we will return. But in the meantime, it's not over yet. Check out our fabulous recent titles and stay tuned for more new ones coming soon.

With deepest gratitude,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment